As hinted at yesterday, today I’ve invited one of the Loopies in for a guest blog. Jacquie D’Alessandro, aka Yacquie, aka Princess Shoes, aka….Jack?
Thank you, Marsha, for inviting me to share a caesar through the fence. Since the important facts that 1) I’m Loopie, and 2) my first single title contemporary book, Summer at Seaside Cove was just released, I thought I’d throw out a few ‘Facts About Jack’ that not many people know.
1) Very few people, in fact, actually call me Jack. My sister does. And Kathleen Givens did. And one of my neighbors. That’s about it. I don’t know why so few people do. It certainly wouldn’t bother me.
2) No one calls me by my full name, Jacqueline. Except my mother–when she’s mad at me.
3) My favorite baseball player is Andy Pettitte (SO sad he retired!) and my favorite tennis players are Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. I don’t have a favorite polo player because I don’t follow polo.
4) I name the bad guys and characters who meet bad ends in my books after people who were mean to me in school. Heh, heh, heh.
5) If given a choice, I’ll go for a salty, crunchy food like chips rather than a sweet. Of course, that being said, I’ve never met a cookie I didn’t like.
6) Because I don’t like to swim where my feet can touch the bottom, I can tread water for a ridiculous amount of time. Seriously. Toss me into the deep end of the pool, go away for a few days, and when you come back, I’ll still be treading water.
7) My former dentist was a murderer. He’s in jail for fatally shooting his wife (tried to make it look like a suicide). While the police were investigating that crime, they discovered he’d killed his girlfriend 15 years earlier–by shooting her and making it look like a suicide. If you’re looking for advice on choosing a dentist, I’m probably not a good person to ask.
8) I spent time in a coat closet with Cary Grant. And that’s all I’m sayin’ about that.
Now it’s your turn–share some random facts (or even just one) about yourself! Don’t be shy–it can’t be worse than having had a murdering dentist!